As we age, our strength declines if we are sedentary. From age 20 to 70, we lose nearly 30% of our muscle cells. The remaining 70% of muscle cells get smaller (atrophy) and lose strength.
We can counteract this by training and eating wisely.We can get STRONGER instead of WEAKER.
At age 71 I could curl about 20 pounds. Now I can curl 35 pounds. The photos show my biceps at 71, 73 and 75. The muscles at ages 73 and 75 are larger than the muscle at 71. This proves we can add muscle after the age of 70!
Fred Wilson at 71
Fred Wilson at 73
Fred Wilson at 76