As a senior fitness-certified trainer in Syracuse, NY, Fred Wilson shows middle-aged and older persons how to boost muscle strength, increase endurance, and achieve their greatest potential.
Being over 50 need not stop you from looking and feeling your best. Fred Wilson believes that even though you’re at an age when you feel you should sit and take it easy, you should exercise and eat healthier instead. You may even be able to keep up with your grandkids!
Holder of an MS degree in medical technology and numerous fitness certifications, Fred believes that fitness can be rewarding, entertaining, and well worth the time and energy to get out there and do it. Now in his late 70s, Fred has tried nearly everything, and he knows what works (and what doesn’t) for those aches and pains. He loves growing stronger instead of weaker and he knows you will too!
Fred’s fitness certifications, all earned after age 60, are shown below. If he can do it, so can you. If you live outside his geographical area (Central New York), contact Fred at email@example.com or 315-559-1662 to discuss a training program over the Internet for you. Fred will send you a periodization program that can be modified regularly as you get stronger and stronger!
- Appeared on television, CNY Central (WSTM), Cycles of Health (WCNY) and Bridge Street (WSYR), as an expert on fitness for seniors, and in 55+ Magazine, Prime Magazine, and In Good Health.
- Presented seminars on senior fitness on behalf of Onondaga
Department of Aging, Step Up and Stop Falls program
- Presented seminars on self-defense and senior fitness for Oasis, Syracuse, NY.
- Instructor in senior group fitness at Go Figure Gym in Camillus, NY,
Camillus Senior Center, and Westcott Community Center in Syracuse, NY
- Instructor in adult swimming, YMCA of downtown Syracuse
- Instructor in water aerobics for Adult Education Program,
West Genesee High School, Camillus, NY
Former instructor for personal training course at Onondaga
Community College, Syracuse, NY. Course leads to certification of students by World Instructor Training Schools (WITS)
- Master of Science, Medical Technology, Upstate Medical University
- Cancer Exercise Specialist – American Cancer Society, American College of Sports Medicine
- Senior Fitness Instructor – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) certified
- Cardiofit Instructor – Silver Sneakers certified
- Group Fitness Instructor – American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified
- Aquatic Fitness Trainer – ISSA certified
- Swimming Instructor – YMCA certified
- Self-Defense Instructor – orange belt
- Personal Trainer – certified by ACE and ISSA
- First Aid (includes CPR and AED – certified by The American Heart Association
- US Masters Swimming
- American College of Sports Medicine